Bates Landscaping is a first-generation, family owned and operated company based in West Chester, PA. Our goal has and always will be, to provide a long-lasting relationship with our client’s, based on trust and expertise. We believe in our employees being treated like family, so that we’ll have the best team possible to service your property.
A bit about us!
- Learning the trade2002Justin gets his first taste of the landscape industry working with his father and learning the trade during the summers when school was out. This is where he first falls in love with landscaping and being outdoors in general. Thanks Don Bates!
- Bates Landscaping is born2009At the age of 23, Justin Bates started Bates Landscaping, a residential lawn care and maintenance company that he ran out of his mother’s garage and backyard. All of which he did on the side, while still working 50+ hours at his full-time job. Thanks for the support, Valerie Bates!
- Bates Landscaping is incorporated2011Bates Landscaping becomes incorporated, while Justin takes a leap of faith in the American Dream and makes Bates Landscaping his full time gig. During this period, Justin hired his first employee, Ricky – who still works here today!
- The team grows!2014Bates Landscaping added Melissa Blake.
- And grows!2014Bates Landscaping acquires Conway Lawn Care and landscaping consolidating our footprint in the Malvern, Paoli and West Chester area.
- And grows!2015Megan Sullivan joins the team! She brings with her office management experience from working with an industry leading tree company before Bates landscaping.
- West Chester Office2017Bates Landscaping relocates our main shop and office to the West Chester area to help service our clients and speedier service.
- Stormwater and Drainage Team2018Spotting a shortfall in the area for qualified stormwater management contractors Bates Landscaping adds a full time Drainage only team.
- 2020 & Beyond2020Bates Landscaping continues its path toward steady growth and becoming the best company to work with and for in Southeastern PA.